WITH THE MENA POLK COUNTY
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Mena/Polk County Arkansas Area Chamber of Commerce – Mena, Arkansas
• College degree preferred but not required
• 3 to 5 years Chamber or related work experience in marketing, communications, economic development, and administrative experience.
• Demonstrate past experience in leading and motivating staff members, if applicable.
• Exhibit strong computer, website management, and social media skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to organizational needs in a prompt and timely manner
• Strong listening, oral and written communication skills, dynamic personality and ability to work with others.
• Goal oriented: highly motivated and resourceful to achieve results
• Initiative and Self Reliance: make decisions on a timely basis and take necessary actions without direction from others.
• Strong ties to, and knowledge of, Mena/Polk County and the surrounding area are desired.
• Fundraising experience required.
CHAMBER MISSION STATEMENT
The purpose of the Mena/Polk County Area Chamber of Commerce is to advance the welfare and prosperity of our area so that its citizens and all areas of its business community shall prosper. Our focus is given to the economic, civic, commercial, cultural, industrial, recreational, and educational interests of the area.
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The Executive Director:
• Carry out all directives of the Board of Directors
• Direct all planning to carry our chamber objectives and implement chamber policies, as directed and approved by the Board of Directors.
• Coordinate general management of all organizational activities from start to finish including, but not limited to the Chamber Banquet, Rod Run, and the Christmas Parade.
• Coordinates Monthly Board of Director Meetings
• Responsible for directing and implementing all programs with the aid of volunteer workers.
• Develop plans for long-range policies to help achieve important community goals in consultation with the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
• Plan and implement projects and/or proposals on agenda for Board action.
• Direct oversight of management of the organization’s finances and prepares or directs preparation of financial statements on monthly basis for Board of Directors and prescribed in bylaws.
• Handle all correspondence for membership status or change in status in reference to dues, assignees, due dates and other membership information.
• Coordinates Annual Membership Campaign in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
• Meets with 8 to 10 current and/or prospective members per month, with the goal of gaining 2 members per month.
• Direct all membership solicitation efforts, including solicitation of new members and maintenance of current members.
• Responsible for all communication to the membership and general public.
• Develop content for social media and website.
• Maintain close liaison with the City of Mena Officials and A&P Commission